Early Spring

After a long cold winter I am excited to welcome a very early spring shyly entering my garden. The soil is cold and full of weeds. There is a lot of work to do. I have big plans for March. Soon it will be time to play with the soil. And I have a list of plants I want to grow. Will go ahead and list them out so that when I come back here, it will be waiting for me to see how far I succeeded.
So here goes my list... I want to plant - yellow Rose tree, Dahlia, Dasies, Cosmos, onions, radish, beets, salad greens, broccoli, swiss chard, ginger, fenugreek, fennel, blueberries. We have too much red in the garden a little yellow, blue and orange will be delightfull. This year I want to learn how to sucessfully grow vegetables. My previous attempts have always had poor results. This year I plan to grow my vegetable garden in containers. It will be easier to for me and since we have such less space, it will be wiser to do so. And I can move them around with the sun.

Calla lilies have sprung out of the moist soil as an early surprise, from places where I had least expected them to grow. The plant has been moving underneath the soil and choosing its own spot to blossom. Love Calla lillies. My husband has been photographing them with great enthusiasm.